Happy summer, everyone! As July 7th approaches, people in Japan are gearing up for Tanabata, the Star Festival that celebrates the once-a-year meeting of the star-crossed lovers Orihime and Hikiboshi. (Must be one wild night, huh?)
The people who brought you the last two CADERU events have teamed up to bring you a Tanabata event and hunt and, man, have they outdone themselves this time! The CADERU Vol.3 Tanabata Event & Hunt runs from June 19th, 2017 to July 31st, 2017. The event includes a small market, a photo contest, a bunch of photogenic locations, and a free hunt/game!
For more information (in Japanese) and a preview of the main prizes, check out the official website.
Dress - Jury PoP :: Space Blouson Dress - Banboo (Maitreya) :: Hunt prize; includes standard Fitmesh sizing and Maitreya and Slink fitting
Shoes - [peche] :: Galaxy Boots Maitreya :: Hunt prize; includes Maitreya and Slink fitting
Leg Ribbon - Ade-yakko :: Ashimaki Sarashi :: Hunt prize; Maitreya sizing only
Gun - who what :: -SweetsGUN- Shooting Star :: Hunt prize; includes Bento pose; gun shoots out candy that is gifted to targets
Milky Way - GUARAN-DOU :: Portable Milky Way :: Hunt prize; animated
Collar - OLQINU :: Rhombus Collar <moon> :: Hunt prize; part of Galaxy Mania set
Necklace - OLQINU :: Monk Necklace <galaxy> :: Hunt prize; part of Galaxy Mania setHorns - OLQINU :: Horn Headband <galaxy> :: Hunt prize; part of Galaxy Mania set
The hunt/game for this event is more complex than in previous CADERU events, so below I provide a comprehensive guide. However, if you just want to get started right away, here are a few quick pointers:
- The hunt has three components: a story, a series of four repeatable quests, and a prize hunt. You need to complete the quests in order to access the prize hunt.
- The hunt requires the use of multiple HUDs. You buy the primary HUD for L$0, and the additional HUDs are given to you in the course of the story. You must equip these HUDs to complete the quests.
- There are three types of prizes:
- Quest Prizes - These are mini-prizes you automatically receive while taking on the quests. There are four prizes (one for each quest).
- Prize Booth Prizes - These are mini-prizes you can get by exchanging tickets earned from the quests. There are three optional prizes and one prize (Treasure Map) that is essential to unlocking the vendor prizes.
- Vendor Prizes - These are the "ultimate" prizes that are shown on the official website. Each vendor has one prize for you. To gain access to these prizes, you need to earn five festival tickets by completing quests and exchange those tickets for the Treasure Map prize at the Prize Booth.
Keep reading below for my comprehensive guide to the hunt!